Saturday, July 30, 2011

So far behind.....

Well didn't realize it, but it has been 2 months since my last post. We obviously have been so busy that I have just let it slip my mind. Well let's see where do I begin? The past few months have been full of fun.

Carly and I took Evan for his 1st of many trips to Tweetsie Railroad to see Thomas the Tank Engine!!! Evan was in heaven! He got to see and ride Thomas the train which was the ultimate experience for him. He also got to enjoy all the rides and other attractions. I forsee this being a yearly adventure for us.



June ended with a bang for us as the Gamecocks won their 2nd National Championship in baseball. We made it to a couple of regional games and Evan officially knows all the Gamecock cheers. Who knows? Maybe we have a future Gamecock baseball player on our hands. We were also able to attend the welcome home party for the team which was a blast. I am so happy I have been able to go to both of those the last two years! That is truly an unforgettable experience.






My best friend all through high school and college welcomed her little girl in June as well. Evan and I made a trip to Charlotte to meet baby Willa. Evan loves holding babies and rubbing their heads. He was so cute with her. I am so happy Kristy and Jeremy finally got their sweet baby girl and couldn't be happier for them.




Evan made his 1st wedding debut in a good friends wedding a few weeks ago as a ring bearer. Might I say he was the cutest ring bearer ever!!! He did a really good job and Jimmy & I were very proud parents.



We spent last week at the beach with the Catoe family. Evan had a blast swimming every day in the pool. He was not too big on the ocean but loves the pool. He is quite the swimmer too. With his swimmies on, he thinks he is big stuff. He jumps in over and over and swims around all by himself. He truly is growing up so fast. Here are some beach pics.









More exciting news to announce as well! My baby sis got engaged to her boyfriend, Lanny, of 3 years while we were on family vacation this year. Everyone helped him pull off the surprise and we were all so blessed to have been there. It's so hard to believe she is old enough to get married and truly makes me feel old! We are so happy for her and wish her and Lanny all the best! Looks like Evan will make his 2nd wedding experience real soon. Here are some pics from the proposal!






No comments: